Saturday 10 November 2012

Hay on Wye

Sorry that the review of Skyfall was, well let's e honest very brief, I really wanted to write a lot more but to be honest I have had a bad cold this week ad only now am I feeling a bit better -still sniffy but the sore throat has gone. Anyway today off we went on a trip to Hay-on-Wye. Yep that's right I was let loose in the book town of Britain.

I was very amused by the banner below:

 Now I love my Kindle and it is perfect for holidays and taking to work, but there is nothing like holding a real book in your hands, the texture and  the smell,books are some of my favourite thigns, and yes of course i bought some, here they are below:



Okay so the middle item is an old magazine from 1955 and in my defence I bought it because there is an article on Marilyn Monroe that I don't have in it. Also the Focus on Fame book is by a photographer who took photos of MM and there is a chapter and some photos of her inside.

All in all a good day and now I have more books to add to the pile by my bed, I'm not going to read them though until I've finished the Shakespeare bio and the Bob Mitcham one.
At least I'm going to try not too.

No comments:

Post a Comment