Saturday 19 January 2013

Snow!!!!!

Well we had a bit of snow on Friday, I'm saying a bit because it's nothing compared to places like Finland, who always get it. But here in the UK everything grinds to a halt as soon as the first flakes fall. Now for the UK Friday's snowfall was heavy and I didn't get into work (they closed the office anyway) and nor did the other half, but what gets me is as soon as we get a little snow people go berserk. It's true people over react and rush to the shops and buy up all the bread and milk they can. Why??? I don't get it. It's one day of snow people not a week or a month. |It's not 1963 you know, but still they do it. And you know something today I went into the shop and guess what - they had bread and milk delivered today - so all that panic buying was just a little bit stupid - bet you feel foolish now eh???

But guess what - they are the same people who will panic buy bread and milk next time there's a threat of snow, and they are probably the same people who buy all the petrol when the tanker drivers threaten to strike, well you know what -YOU are the idiots that cause shortages and you really need to GET A LIFE!!!!

Anyway below are some photos of the street and my car yesterday morning - Oh and me I didn't panic buy anything but I did go for a 5 mile walk to take photos - so maybe I'm a little bit crazy myself!





By the way if you live in a remote area or up in the hills this rant does not apply to you. Totally understand you guys have to stock up in case you get snowed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment