Sunday 9 October 2011

I hate ordering online

Okay it's convenient I know - BUT - my bank security questions always get me locked out 'please enter the 4th, 5th, and 10th letter of your memorable word' I do this, I know that I'm putting in the right letters - but oh no I get locked out. So, then I have to do the most dreaded thing that there is in the world. I have to Phone the bank. Now you might think this isn't too bad, but it's horrible and why? Because you have to deal with the automated service that asks you more security questions.
Now I'm all for security and I'm glad they have it in place - but I really hate it. I hate making phone calls at the best of times but I really hate to phone "The Bank". Why you might ask. I mean it's not as id I'm overdrawn, in fact I know that right now my balance is pretty healthy, but I still squirm at the thought of calling them.
And it's not just "The Bank". Oh no it's "The Gas Company" "The Electric Company" (okay so the gas and the electric are them same people but that's not the point. There's also "The Satellite TV Company" and "The Water Company".

It's not just me though my Dad hates talking on the phone as well - I'm okay if it's a chat with a friend - a good gossip about who's most likely to win X factor (Not that I watch it but you get the point) but anything official and I collapse into a heap sobbing uncontrollably. I don't know why it's not normal, it's a bit silly, but it's me.
So anyway I managed to finally order the bookcases I wanted by paying by Paypal - oh yes! "All Hail Paypal".

So now bookcases are sorted I guess I better go phone the bank and get the card unlocked for online ordering - or maybe I'll just leave it until next time I need to order something off the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment