Saturday 9 March 2013

The wonderful trilogy of Oz

It's taken 73 years, 5 directors, 2 Dorothy's, Wizard's, Glinda's and Witches of the East and West and countless others, but finally we know how the Wizard became the Wizard in Oz.

Have just got back from watching Sam Raimi's interpretation of Oz and I loved it - I have read some of the not so good reviews and frankly I don't care what they say.
Is it as magical as MGM's 1939 musical classic? No you would need Judy for that.
Is it is dark as Disney's 1985 Return to Oz? No but that is not a bad thing
But it is a wonderful prequel to them both - not only explaining how the wizard became the wizard, but how the Wicked Witch of the West became Wicked.

And there are some wonderful nods to the 1939 film. I'm not going to list them here because half of the fun, I think is spotting them.
With great special effects (okay it's all CGI but who cares) it certainly is spectacular.
I will bee adding this to my DVD collection when it is released along with Return to Oz - that way I can have an Ozathon whenever I feel like it



It took a lot of Courage, Brains and Heart to bring this new film to the big screen. And thank you for this and while it's not perfect - remember nothing ever is...

Even the wizard said, 

'I'm a very good man, just a very bad wizard.'

No comments:

Post a Comment