Thursday 7 August 2014

An actors life for me!


Ever since I was little I have loved performing and as you know I have recently become a member of Newport Playgoers.

 I was lucky enough to be included in Love Story the musical earlier this year and next week we begin rehearsing the first of three plays intended to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the beginning of the First World War - those plays being The Accrington Pals, Blackadder Goes Forth and the play I am in For Services Rendered by W Somerset Maugham.

So before I bore you with posts about the rehearsals, I thought I'd bore you with a series of posts about the plays and musicals I have been in so far.


My first performance was in around 1976 when I was 2 and a 1/2 years old, it was with the baby class of Abbotswood Dance School, Bristol that myself and the rest of the class performed Wee Willy Winkie - I was very proud of my little lantern which my Grandfather had made for me, mine was the only 3D lantern - my Grandfather was a precision engineer and believe it or not I actually remember fragments of the performance.


After this there were other school productions and I vaguely rmember playing the star on a Christmas Tree in one.

 This play was called something along the lines of The Animals Christmas, I played a sheep that's me in the white coat, I had to sing with a boy named Mark except it turned out that he didn't want to sing and I ended up singing on my own.

After this there were performances in A Christmas Carol and Carousel and then I went to Crosskeys College - now Coleg Gwent Crsskeys Campus.


 This show was devised  by us students in the first week of term the title was 'Night' and we had to use 2 songs Night and Day and A Hard Days Night, from what I remember we played toys in a playroom which came alive at night.


 Action by Derek Boswell

Rites by Maureen Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment