Friday 15 August 2014

From the Roaring 20's to Outer Space!

Today we continue the tour of my scrapbooks and the plays I was in that have led me gently to the Dolman and Newport Playgoers.

So there were 2 more shows before I ran off to drama school in Hertfordshire.


 In Alan Parker's Bugsy Malone I ended up playing 2 parts - both men due to the shortage of male actors, this was fins by me as I got to shoot myself in the face with custard as one of the hoodlums in Fat Sam's gang and got to sing So you want to be a boxer as Cagey Joe - I still have my copy of the script signed by the case and crew.



In one of the more embarrassing of my theatrical exploits I wore a bin bag and a scull cap painted yellow in Big Zoo, one of those shows devised by the cast - In this story the Dozers blast their way across the universe laying waste to every planet in their wake. On their way they meet the peaceful Trashers and a revolution led by yours truly takes place.


No comments:

Post a Comment