Friday 8 August 2014

An Actors Life pt2

As the first rehearsal of For Services Rendered approaches I thought I would continue the journey through my theatrical life so far with a few more photod



Caucasian Chalk Circle by Bertolt Brecht

That concluded the first year in college - but I was not one to give up for the holidays - oh no - instead I spent most of the summer catching the bus to Dunfries Place and walking from there to the Sherman Theatre, Cardiff, to take part in the Summer School, where with the help of the professional staff we wrote, designed, produced and staged our own production. (this would not be the last time I would do this, though the venue would change from Cardiff to the Black Wood)


At the Sherman, I didn't perform no myself and another lad designed, rigged and operate the lights - on these bad boys - my favourite part of the this was operating the strobe.

After the Summer it was back to college 


In talkin' bout out our generation (another show devised by ourselves) we spanned the history of music from the 1950's to the present day (1991), in these photos I am rehearsing the 80's Madonna classic, Material Girl. This was dedicated to Freddie Mercury who had died not long before the show went on.

Tomorrow - Grease and the Black Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment