Tuesday 10 May 2011

The Great Clear-out 2011

You remember a while back I cleared out my make-up drawer? Well that was the first part in my major clear out and decluttering the flat mood that I am currently in. See the problem is that I am a hoarder, this is true I am not ashamed of the fact - I have clothes I haven't worn in 10 years or more - books that haven't been read for the same amount of time and lots lots more.
The problem is that I am very sentimental I should have underlined the very.
Andy today I needed to get my suitcase out of the shed (hols soon), yes I have a shed and as you can see it totally full of well - crap I guess

The cardboard boxes at the top are boxes that my Marilyn Monroe dolls came in - those I keep in case I need to sell the dolls - it's everything else that's a problem - today I threw out a bin bag full of stuff I am never going to use again and the shed is still full - but I know some boxes in there only have one or two items in - so I need to try and consolidate it into one box instead of two or even throw more stuff away - which I would be happy to do if I could. The problem is I have already nearly filled my bin and the refuse collectors only come every other Friday and guess what - it's not this Friday - so I am kind of stuck until then. But I really want to get on and get it sorted - I know there is a box of books in there somewhere as well as a monopod - god knows what eles is lurking in there, for all I know Lord Lucan could be skulking away behind my spare suitcase and a load of old folders.

But the problem doesn't end there does it Andrea??? Oh no in my kitchen I have a cupboard full of DVDs, Playstation Games and Video Cassettes - oh yes videos those old hulking things we used to watch before someone had the good sense to invent DVD and blue-ray. And guess what I never watch them. Not because they are videos but because it means pulling the TV out to swap the cables around, and well I'm just too lazy - but can I throw the tapes out - no! and why not? Because I might want to watch it in the future! Now I hear you cry why don't you replace them with new DVD versions, and I would love to but a) I am not made of money if I ever win the lottery that would be a different story and b) because a lot of the films I have on video are only available on DVD in America - yes I know I could get a multi-region DVD player and once I sort out a new job and get on top of everything I will definitely do that, but until then I can't bear the thought of throwing away all those old movies it took me years to find.

Perhaps if I play the cassettes and the quality is bad I would be able to chuck them - hmmmm classic Hollywood Movie Fest anyone????

No comments:

Post a Comment