Sunday 5 August 2012

31 days of Marilyn Day 5

Well today is the official anniversary of the death of our beloved Marilyn, while those who are lucky enough to be in Los Angeles attend the memorial services at Westwood, the rest of us sit at home, watch her films, light candles and show our love for her anyway we can.

 Me, working on my 25th scrapbook of Marilyn clippings, I have a huge folder full of them and these date back to 2008! It's going to take a while for me to get through to all the articles that have been published in the last week or so.


 There were several more articles published today in various papers including The Sunday Mirror, The People and  The Sunday Express, I am sure there were more but it is impossible to buy everything.


 Above: The first book I ever bought on Marilyn, back in 1990, I remember getting home from Newport and lying on my bed and reading the book in one sitting.

An earlier edition of the book before it was expanded into the one I bought first.


FACT: Marilyn Monroe was born in 1926, the same year as Queen Elizabeth II and British comedy legend Kenneth Williams.


No comments:

Post a Comment