Wednesday 22 August 2012

Five go to Weymouth together

Yes. Today the five of us went to Weymouth, that was Me, Paul, Mum, Dad and Misty the dog, now Weymouth is far enough from Wales as it is, without Dad deciding to go the long way round, or take a detour or as I prefer to call it getting lost - but oh no as my Dad says 'You can't get lost - you're on an island' - this is true but not much help when you have been driving for ages and end up in Lyme Regis - now there is nothing wrong with Lyme Regis except - The town will not let you leave!!!  It's true no matter which way you go you always end up in the centre. It's like something out of the Twilight Zone.

Anyway as you can see from the picture below we did make it to Weymouth




 In time for fish and chips at a little place called Seacroft, now Seacroft has been there forever - and I mean forever, and if you don'e believe me look at the picture below:


 Yep, That's my Mum and Dad outside of Seacroft in 1968 - or there abouts


 And here is Mum and Dad out side Seacroft today, some 44 years later!!! - hmm thinking about it I think that whole area must be in the Twilight Zone


Here's me and Paul outside of Seacroft - I wonder if it will still be there in another 44 years time - must make a note in my future diary to find out.

After food at Seacroft we drove up to Portland Bill and took some photos pf the lighthouse and coast - but for those pictures you will have to visit Travels With My Camera sometime soon, though not tonight as I am shattered and need to go to sleep as Dad took another detour on the way home!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment