Thursday 24 February 2011

Places to go - Movies to see - Life to live

Well things are getting busy over here and I have lots of plans in the pipeline from various photoshoots to parties and nights out. It looks like 2011 is going to be one of the best years I've had in a long time.
A friends daughter is about to have her first baby, then another of her daughters is having her engagement party in April, my great neice's 1st birthday party is this weekend so thats lots of photos. Other photoshoots planned are of a friend Danielle at an abandoned church, I also plan on visitng Bristol Zoo, St Fagan's museum of Welsh life and Big Pit mining museum in Blaenavon (St Fagans and Big Pit are Free so as they are only up the road so to speak it would be very rude not to take advantage of them) there's also other places I would like to visit in the local area as well as portraits for other people.

I love movies but to be honest I hardly ever watch them, Ihave s collection of films on DVD but really have to be in the mood - however in the last few weeks a friend has been visiting quite regularly and we have been watching lots of films - every time he brings a couple over and we sit and watch them so I have been catching up on some I have missed over the years - last night we actually watched one I have seen many times - Face Off with John Travolta and Nicholas Cage - this is one of our favourite films and we were up til after 2.30 and I started work at 7.30 - so not much sleep last night - but I really don't feel that tired at all. Next visit we will probably watching another of our favourite films A Chorus Line - we used to watch it all the time when we were in college - and that was 20 years ago but we probably both know the film all the way through so we will be joining in with cast.

The lat few years I have suffered really badly from depression - however this year I am determined to enjoy myself - spending time doing the things I love with the people I love - holidays with the family days and nights out with my friends and generally living one of my favourite quotes is from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. At the end of season five she says in the last episode to her sister Dawn:

'The hardest thing to do in this world is to live in it - Be brave - Live!'

No comments:

Post a Comment